Friday 28 November 2014

Star Wars : The Trailer Awakens


It is finally here. Rumours have been circulating that a teaser trailer for the new Star Wars film was to be released selectively this friday but instead the internet proved once again fruitful in my acquisitions of new nerd material. Let me tell you, it did not disappoint. For those naysayers I say to you - How can you not be excited? 






That trailer had everything you could hope for in a teaser trailer about a new Star Wars franchise : your leads, droids, siths, cue Star Wars theme, the MILLENNIUM FALCON. Not to mention stormtroopers and x-wing pilots. This is literally a teaser trailer. If I remember correctly the first trailer for the Star Trek reboot offered very little in terms of movie footage. It was a pan left onto the Enterprise. 


Why is everyone being so critical? Did it not take you back to when you were a little kid? Were you not super excited about Star Wars?  I wish people could just fall in love with things again - there is a time and place to be critical of our media and a teaser trailer is not it.  There was absolutely nothing in this trailer that had me believe I should be underwhelmed or not excited about the new Star Wars franchise and this film. 

If you haven't already check out the trailer here : Star Wars - The Force Awakens 

0 comments:

Post a Comment