Wednesday 12 November 2014

Cosplayer of the Week: Lexxie Cosplay

Lexxie Cosplay

This weeks featured cosplayer is Lexxie Cosplay! She is a cosplayer that we've been very fortunate to meet and someone who we are always excited to see what new project she's working on.



This is a cosplayer whos versatility is fantastic and she never ceases to amaze us with her ability to completely transform herself and make any character come to life. She is also a talented seamstress and prop-maker; Through her crafting she is able to make even the most fantastical costumes look realistic. From her high quality costumes and wigs to her perfectly staged photo shoots-you can tell Lexxie is serious about her craft, but that's where the seriousness ends. This is a cosplayer that knows how to have fun and doesn't take herself too seriously...and we love it! She is someone who you can tell genuinely loves cosplaying and has a passion for it. We are looking forward to running into her at our next con and seeing what new and wonderful cosplays shes created!

What got you into cosplay?
I got into cosplay by going to my second convention with some friends that also were okay with dressing up. It was something I always wanted to do but didn't want to do it on my own.



What was your first cosplay?
My first cosplay was L from Death Note, and also my first crossplay which I find amusing. 
How long have you been cosplaying?
I have been cosplaying on and off for 8-9 years.



What is your favourite part of putting on your cosplay?
My favourite part of putting on a cosplay is just escaping from my normal life of a student life to that character I am putting on. Just knowing that whatever I have going on in my life is just pushed to the side for the weekend I’m at a con.



What’s the best part of cosplay for you?
The best part of cosplay is a hard question. There is so much to cosplay people don’t realize as well. The people I have met through cosplay is just amazing. If I never got back into cosplay I don’t think I would have the friends I have now and the experiences I went through with them. Also I have learned a lot from other cosplayers, like where to get good wigs, how to sew certain things, just over all tips on cosplaying.



Do you have a current cosplay or cosplayer favourite, someone who has inspired you?
A cosplayer that inspires me is Jessica Nigiri, I have been following her since she started cosplaying. She is also the main reason why I’m okay with dressing up in characters that are skimpy. Her attitude towards cosplay is amazing and she doesn't let the horrible people get to her, she does what she loves and doesn't care what other people think of her. I try to think like her when it comes to cosplay.


You can check out more of Lexxie Cosplay here:

0 comments:

Post a Comment