Monday 8 June 2015

Cosplayer of the Week : Cosplayer Nanami


We recently met Cosplayer Nanami in person this year at Anime North. Having previously seen some of her work we were thrilled to stop her at one of the convention. Her friendly attitude and enthusiasm for cosplay and the cosplay community are only the beginning highlights of this cosplayer. Her hard work and dedication also comes through in all of her cosplays. We hope to meet her again at future conventions and see more of her great work, as well as her future projects!

What got you into cosplay?
It all stems from my love for anime and manga! By the age of 13 I started finding photos of cosplays online and thought it was the coolest thing ever (Halloween was also my favorite holiday growing up haha). My friends and I decided to attend our first convention (Anime North) in 2009, where I cosplayed for the very first time.









What was your first cosplay? My first cosplay was Yuna from Final Fantasy X. It was also the first time I ever purchased anything from online haha. I was very new to it all and didn’t purchase a wig or contact lenses. I cosplayed her again recently and added a few new elements to make it more detailed and complete! Here’s a comparison photo! :

How long have you been cosplaying? I’ve been cosplaying for over 7 years !


What is your favourite part of putting on your cosplay? My favorite part of putting on a cosplay is just completely transforming myself into the desired character. Each character I cosplay shares certain characteristics and personal qualities with myself, making each cosplay very special to me. It’s such a wonderful feeling bringing a character that you love to life!


What's the best part of cosplay for you? The very best part of cosplay for me in being able to share it with all the wonderful people in my life! I am so thankful for all the wonderful opportunities I’ve shared with them all and I look forward to making new memories!

What is your favourite cosplay?
My favorite cosplay is probably a tie between Sakura Haruno from Naruto Shippuden and my Genderbend InuYasha. InuYasha was my first anime (aside from Pokémon, DBZ, Digimon, Sailor Moon); it was the first time I realized what anime truly was and from there I grew a significant passion for it. As for Sakura, she always has a special place in my heart. I feel as though her and I share such similar characteristics - cosplaying her feels liberating!

Do you have a current cosplay or cosplayer favourite, someone that has inspired you? Honestly all the people I get to share this hobby with inspire me greatly each day. I have made such amazing friends throughout my years of cosplaying – people who have changed my life in the most positive ways.

0 comments:

Post a Comment