Thursday 23 April 2015

Cosplayer of the Week : Burnt Circuits Props and Cosplay


Self proclaimed newb cosplayer and prop builder (and also a very good friend of ours) Burnt Circuits is well on his way to becoming one of our favourite cosplayers. His attention to detail and his strive to go above and beyond truly shine through in his costumes. We can't wait for his future projects. 


What got you into cosplay? - A little less than two years ago I helped my friend with a cosplay armor-building panel at the library by wearing one of his full suits of EVA foam armor. We ended up doing a little photoshoot that day and had so much fun that we decided to cosplay at Fan Expo that summer.
What was your first cosplay? - Does Steampunk count? I made a steampunk outfit for Halloween three years back. Otherwise my first cosplay would be Mordecai from the video game Borderlands for Fan Expo 2013.

How long have you been cosplaying? - About a year and a half. Fan Expo in August 2013 was the first time I'd worn anything that I created. But I always cringe a little looking back on that one...haha. I am always a little strapped for time so I haven't created as many cosplays as I'd like but I'm working on changing that this year. I've only got two cosplays completed so far and they are different versions of the same character!
What is your favourite part of putting on your cosplay? - Oh, there's a few things! I love seeing everything finally come together. The few days before a con finishing up a cosplay are always the most stressful so when it's time to get into character it's really liberating. The chains of the deadline are removed and then it's 100% fun. I also love meeting people who are cosplaying characters from the same universe. There's an instant bond that I've never experienced before. Both times at Fan Expo I've met awesome people that I've kept in touch with and have formed a little cosplay family around our love of Borderlands. We all met up for MTCC this year and had an amazing time! We're already planning for summer cons.

What's the best part of cosplay for you? - Building! I love the build process, especially the gadgets. I seem to be drawn to characters that have lots of gizmos and I love adding LEDs and 3d-printed parts to props to make them stand out a little more.

What is your favourite cosplay? - Definitely my latest version of Mordecai. I really like the character and his wacky appearance. It was so much fun working out how to design and craft his hair and beard and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I got a lot of compliments on how it looks.
Do you have a current cosplay or cosplayer favourite, someone that has inspired you? - My friend Chris from AVX Armor! He's a big reason I got into cosplaying and we've worked some long hours together in his garage getting ready for cons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment