Thursday 26 March 2015

Cosplayer of the Week : Monique Muñoz


  We first met Monique when we were awe-stricken by her art and approached her table at a con. We started chatting and we soon realized that Monique was friends with some of our friends. It wasn't until later we realized that Monique puts the same amount of hard work and dedication in her cosplays as she does her print work. She is creative, dedicated and extremely talented. We are so happy to be able to share our friends work with you and we are honoured to know someone with her skills. 



What got you into cosplay?
When I went to my first convention, Anime North. I was so amazed by all the costumes that I was inspired on making my own as best as I could!


What was your first cosplay? 
My first cosplay was Marik from Yu-Gi-Oh! ha ha I don't have a photo but I have a photo of my second and third costume! They are pretty funny!! ha ha I wish I had better ones of them but they were all lost when I switched computer a couple years ago.

How long have you been cosplaying?
Oh gosh….. around 8 years now? I think about it now and realize my god, I've come such a long way!! ha ha

What is your favourite part of putting on your cosplay?
Seeing it all completed! So after everything is on, you almost breath and think all your efforts paid off! ha ha It's a good feeling 

What's the best part of cosplay for you?
Being able to look fabulous with your friends.





What is your favourite cosplay? 
Urh, I'm not sure!  I'll say Articuno because it was my own original idea and design. It was also the second time working with feathers so I came up with a concept to make them flexible instead of being rigid. I think it turned out great! It was my first time designing a tail and with the help of my friend Andrew, it came out wonderfully! 

I also love cosplaying Hijikata from Gintama….because it's just fun ha ha ha 



Do you have a current cosplay or cosplayer favourite, someone that has inspired you?
I really love Reika's, Kaname's and Kuryuu's~ They are so wonderful 

I'll send the photos through facebook now!


Deviantart - Kaiser-Mony
Cosplay - Chibi_Mony



0 comments:

Post a Comment