Wednesday 14 May 2014

Cosplayer of the Week : Moon Flower Lights

Moon Flower Lights

Our featured cosplayer this week is Moon Flower Lights! The blog was first introduced to her cosplay because of its love for Doctor Who. Moon Flower Lights had a full selection of Amy Pond Cosplay for you to chose from. The amount of detail and time it must have taken to acquire the exact attire from Pond's closet left us awe stricken so we had to check out more of her costumes and she did not disappoint. Not only was she thorough but you could really see the love for the fandom come through in her costumes. As one of her many followers on tumblr we have watched her build costumes from scratch that look screen accurate. Her willingness to be open and accepting of others in the cosplay community has made her one of our absolute favourites! We can't wait to see what she has next in store.

What got you into cosplay?
I’ve always loved dressing up for anything I could as a kid, and always wanted to put costumes together. But for my first actual costume-I have long been a big Harry Potter fan and back when the 4th movie came out I decided I wanted to go to the midnight showing. I threw together a costume (which was basically a tie and sweater and jeans) and used my actual hair to be Hermione. I had so many people that knew who I was supposed to be and had so much fun that I decided to put together an actual Hogwarts uniform for the next movie. 



What was your first cosplay?
My first cosplay was Hermione Granger. The first cosplay I sewed myself was River Tam.



How long have you been cosplaying?
I started truly cosplaying back in 2007 for the 7th Book midnight release and the 5th midnight movie of harry potter. I didn’t get into it as a hobby until 2008 when I decided to go to Dragon*con and made two costumes for it (and have been addicted ever since)
What is your favourite part of putting on your cosplay?
I love becoming a new person. Through costumes, through makeup and wigs, i can become someone totally different. I can be a beautiful princess or a fierce warrior (or both at the same time). It also lets me show my fandom, to bring a character that I love off the screen or page and to life. There’s a moment I have when I put the full costume on for the first time where I look at myself in the mirror and don’t see myself- I see the character, i see myself transform, and I love that moment. i can be anything, I can be anyone!


What’s the best part of cosplay for you?
Meeting other fans, seeing other people’s reactions (especially kids). I love when people get excited about my costume or character, and I love being able to talk to those people about my fandoms. I’ve made so many amazing friends through cosplay, just because I met them when we were dressed in the same fandom costumes. I also love meeting little kids that get so excited about meeting the character I’m dressed as. It just makes my day!


What is your favourite cosplay? (personal collection)
This is such a loaded question to me because I have so many that I love for different reasons. My current favorite to wear is my femme!Rick Grimes costume from the Walking Dead because i have an amazing group of friends that I do that costume with, but Snow White from once upon a time and Katniss are also two of my favorite characters to wear too!





Do you have a current cosplay or cosplayer favourite? (other people’s collections)
I don’t have just one. there are so many talented people in this community that I can’t even choose just one. There are so many amazing costumes out there, so many amazing cosplayers that I’d run out of room if i tried to name them all!


You can check out more of Moon Flower Lights' Cosplay here:
Facebook

TUMBLR

0 comments:

Post a Comment